SAP Data Product Owner
“We care about helping people eat well, save time and live better.” #daretocare
Ahold Delhaize’s promise
Ahold Delhaize and its local brands have been serving local communities for 150 years. And we are still growing. We’re committed to sustainability and our size and reach enable us to not only make an impact in our local communities but meaningful change globally. By working with us, you can affect the daily lives of millions of customers and contribute to our purpose – helping people eat well, save time and live better.
We will continually invest in you and help you build on your talents and skills for the future. We’re a supportive team, that welcomes everyone just the way they are. We work hard but we have fun together and make lasting friendships. Together, we have the courage to take risks and innovate – because we are dedicated to serving customers’ changing needs.
Find out if your unique skills and personality can help us improve our business and continue to delight our customers.
Your new office: the Data & Analytics Regional Centre of Excellence (Brussels/Bucharest/Athens)
As our new IT product owner , you are part of the Centre of Excellence (CoE) Data Insights & Analytics (DIA). We deliver regional solutions, also called Regional Templates for our brands in Belgium/Luxembourg, Greece, Serbia, Romania and the Czech Republic.
These solutions are based on MS Azure, SAP Data and Salesforce Platforms for Data Science, Business Intelligence and Customer Engagement purposes in Retail, Marketing and Financial areas.
Tasks and responsibilities of the SAP DATA Product Owner
The IT Product Owner will be member of SAP Data Platform team and responsible for the backlog of one of the Scrum Teams that is delivering data, analytics and BI solutions based on SAP BW, CAR, BO and BODS technologies.
The IT Product Owner is responsible for representing the customer interest and works closely with the Scrum Master and the scrum team. All this in order to get started with the development and improvement of the products. In addition, the Product Owner is the appointed person for identifying, prioritizing, and managing the product backlog, monitoring progress of the delivered products and monitoring the performance of the products.
The Product Owner makes agreements with the scrum-organization about the realization of (partial) projects aimed at developing, innovating and managing products and systems to support the business operations of operating countries, with the aim of developing maximum business value.
The IT Product Owner will:
- Manage the roadmap and backlog for the purpose of product innovation and development of the products in close collaboration with the business
- Manage and review the value stream capacity
- Contribute to the backlog refinement and sprint planning regarding features in his/her scope
- Work closely with scrum teams in refining user stories, prioritizing the backlog, providing necessary input during daily stand-ups, etc.
- Prepare and contribute to Program steering committees
- Follow applicable Standards, Procedures, Guidelines and Methodologies in the implementation and/or maintenance of the SAP data platform
- Act as SPOC towards Business, and other IT teams for his/her assigned value stream, ensuring regular and transparent communication around feature status towards all stakeholders
Are you the person we are looking for?
Education and training
- Master’s degree in Information Technology sciences, or any other discipline of technical orientation
- Any certification in Agile domain is considered an asset
- Mandatory prior experience of 2-3 years as an SAP Product Owner
- Clearly demonstrate expertise in escalation, process management and business systems requirements definition
- Previous experience as a business or functional analyst in SAP
- Clear understanding of change management and IT service delivery procedures
- Effective in delivering presentations and running meetings
- Experience in working in international organizations
- Experience in FMCG/Retail industry is a plus
Interpersonal and processing skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
- Capacity to work as a team player; to involve others, share knowledge and seek opportunities for cross functional working and collaboration
- Adaptable to situations and different/multicultural environments
- Business Acumen, ability to understand the organization’s goals and objectives
- Ability to influence and persuade in a tactful & diplomatic way
What we offer
At Ahold Delhaize we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. And as we work together to build on our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 36 hours per week):
- Access to best-in-class guidance and inspiring training to shape your development and career
- A competitive gross monthly salary + bonusses
- Flexible working hours
- An excellent group insurance plan with a limited employee contribution
- A company car
- A laptop and phone
- A 10%-discount on your groceries at our Delhaize stores
- Regular fun events, and delectable samplings with free products
- A modern office location where we meet at least 2 - 3 days per week (post-Covid)
Apply now or Lean more
Working at Ahold Delhaize means flexible working. From home and our Center of Excellence in Brussels. Do you want to play an active role in our dedication to help people eat well, save time and live better? Apply now.
We kindly ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for Ahold Delhaize?
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position, and what kind of skills do you bring for this role?
- What is one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop?
Would you like to learn more first, before you apply to Ahold Delhaize? Olivier Gustin, Talent Acquisition Partner will be happy to tell you everything about this vacancy and Ahold Delhaize via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We care about your privacy