International Finance Traineeship Ahold Delhaize
We are ready for the new generation of Ahold Delhaize’s financial leaders. Are you?
Why the International Finance Traineeship?
- Become part of a leading global company;
- Develop your functional financial expertise;
- Gain a good understanding of our industry by working in a store, operations or eCommerce;
- A focused three-year personal and professional development experience;
- Experience at least four rotations within or between our great local brands and support offices across multiple countries.
Ahold Delhaize is one of the world’s largest food retail groups, a leader in supermarkets & eCommerce and a company at the forefront of sustainable retailing. Our family of great local brands serves more than 54 million shoppers each week in the United States, Europe and Indonesia. Each brand shares a passion for delivering great food, value and innovation, and for creating inclusive workplaces that provide rewarding professional opportunities. Our financial household is the backbone of our organization. And what makes this interesting? Consider the following facts directly or indirectly impacting our Finance:
- Our 18 great local brands host a working place for more than 414.000 associates. Most of them work in one of our 7,137 stores;
- Over 61% of sales stem from our US brands;
- Almost 50% of the total own-brand food sales stem from own-brand products with reduced sugars, salts, colorants & additives;
- Our online sales grew +64% in 2020;
- We reduced our food waste with 17% in 2020, compared to the 2016 baseline.
What will you do during the International Traineeship?
Become one of Ahold Delhaize’s future financial leaders by developing, daring and acting.
We strongly believe that our financial leaders of the future should develop an international mindset. Being active in the U.S., Europe, our financial challenges do not stop at country borders.
The International Finance Traineeship is a 3-year development program in which you get the opportunity to kickstart your Finance career at Ahold Delhaize.
To become a seasoned Finance professional, you will have at least four rotations within or between our different brands and countries. You experience retail from the corporate side by having functional skills training and by working on Finance related projects. Additionally, you work in an operational role at (one of) our great local brand(s) to experience the operational side of our business. Engaging in international assignments will prepare you in becoming Ahold Delhaize’s next future leader. We stimulate cross-functional learning by organizing learning sessions, together with fellow Trainees and other inspiring colleagues.
We offer you a dynamic 3-year program, in which your development path will evolve based on your personal growth areas and our ongoing business opportunities.
What could this program possibly look like?
An example of our 3-year program:
Year 1 – Explore, learn & connect
In the first year of the Traineeship, you start your program in the Finance team of a brand in your home country. This brand is your home brand for the remainder of the program. You learn what working for this brand entails while discovering your own strengths and growth areas. You develop business awareness, social skills and leadership skills. And last, but not least, you focus on growing your financial expertise.
You will also have the opportunity to see how our business (stores, distribution centers and online businesses) work.
Year 2 – Specialize abroad
You fully experience what working for us, as a large global omnichannel food retailer, is all about.
This year you work and live abroad working for one of our great local brands or support offices, as part of one or two rotations within Finance. Is Finance the same all around the world, or are there cultural differences? By sharing the knowledge you gained and by learning from colleagues, you will start to add value to our business. Moreover, you broaden your perspective on Finance, management and omnichannel food retailing.
Year 3 – Walk the talk
Now it’s time to reap the benefits of all the experiences you gained. In this assignment within one of our brands or support offices you will get the opportunity to bring your knowledge and expertise into action! You recognize that you know our organization better than before and you are capable to take both your Finance and day-to-day activities to a higher level.
After completion the 3-year program, you return to the Finance team of the home brand where you started the Traineeship.
To become one of Ahold Delhaize’s future financial leaders, you bring the following skills to this Traineeship:
- Eagerness in working together with a diverse group of colleagues;
- Influencing and inspiring others;
- Initiating and analyzing;
- The mindset of a pioneer;
- Driving results;
- Being flexible, agile and adaptable;
- Additionally, you possess strong financial skills and you have already demonstrated this affinity;
- You hold a master’s degree before October 2021, preferably in Finance, Economics or Business Administration and you have a maximum of two years of working experience;
- You are currently living in and are eligible to work in the country of the vacancy you are applying for;
- Your English language proficiency is excellent (at least level C1) and you have a good understanding (speaking and writing) of the language of the country you are applying to.
If you also can relate to our Ahold Delhaize core values – courage, integrity, teamwork, care, and humor, we are looking for you!
- A good salary and favorable secondary employment conditions;
- Focus on personal and professional development, amongst others by coaching and trainings;
- An inspiring environment, working with a diverse group of colleagues;
- The opportunity to impact the markets Ahold Delhaize serves, by working for one of the leading global omnichannel food retailers.
From now on you can apply for Ahold Delhaize’s Finance International Traineeship, starting in September 2021.
Are you ready to develop yourself as Ahold Delhaize's future financial leader? Apply via this link:
The deadline for application is 29th of April.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitor the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our office, where you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place via video calls.